PRESS CLIP : NIGERIA INTERNET GOVERNANCE FORUM 2020 (vNIGF 2020)
The Nigeria Internet Governance Forum Multi-stakeholders Advisory Group (NIGF-MAG), comprising of the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy (FMCDE), National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NIRA), Internet Society Nigeria Chapter (ISOC NG), DigitalSENSE Africa Media and Creative Technology Development International (CTDI), in collaboration with the Internet community stakeholders is holding its 2020 virtual edition of the Internet Governance Forum vNIGF 2020.
Venue: Live Stream on Youtube / Zoom Platform
Date: 24th September, 2020
Time: 11:00 am
The overarching theme for the 2020 Edition is ‘‘Achieving Inclusive Digital Economic Development in the Post COVID-19 Era’’. The vNIGF 2020 will be taking into consideration the Overarching thematic sessions of the global IGF and harmonizing the inputs of Nigerian stakeholders into the Regional Global IGF framework.
The vNIGF 2020 will be preceded by;
- Women IGF organized in collaboration with the Centre for Information Technology and Development (CITAD), scheduled for 23rd of September, 2020. Theme – “Women, Covid-19 and the Internet”
- Nigeria Youth Internet Governance Forum with the theme “Shaping a Resilient Internet for Societal Sustainability” scheduled for the 23rd of September, 2020. Details of the event can be found at yigf.ng .
Objectives of NIGF 2020:
- To provide common approaches for impacting good governance policies on the national digital economy development and implementation
- To discuss ways of bringing value to data and increasing the potentials for a value-driven data economy and market for Nigeria
- To proffer solutions that will enable growth of the cybersecurity industry in Nigeria.
- To discuss ways to address the various challenges and opportunities for inclusive digital development
- To discuss ways of achieving the application of emerging technologies in the improvement of existing troubled critical social and economic sectors as well as nurturing the local innovation ecosystem.
The vNIGF 2020 will also provide stakeholders with the opportunity to share, discuss, and collaborate on these issues and provide discourse on the digital commonwealth for development in the country.